Saturday, April 2, 2011

Surprise Visitations


There is never denying where one comes from, and the more you love your roots, the greater the chance it is when returning, even for a short visit. 
This is exactly what I felt in March. A surprise visit home to SA for 10 days was planned and executed with sublime action.
After a 34 hours of transportation (train rides, flights, lay overs) SA presented itself with its awesomeness. Its true what they say, SA is a great country, it really is and even more than ever I am proud to say I am a South African.
Braai time

The motivation for the trip was primarily for my mums 60th and my dads 63rd birthday. It was also time to get some sunshine. I know this was the case when, for the first time in my life there was no difference between my butts white skin colour and the rest of my body :)

Mums 60th laughs
Dads birthday dinner
So: To fill a week: Family time, Braai time, running time, dinner time, party time, sunshine time.

And some realisations: 

SA is fantastic
Sunshine is never over rated
If you have 7 hours layover, do something about it
Drink lots of water on a plane
Ethiopian Airlines is not that bad
Family is fantastic
Spend more time with friends
South Africans really do know how to braai
Water can break cars

Bad water...











No comments:

Post a Comment